I guess that I have your attention now!
The full quote from Warren is:
“There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning.
I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume.
Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age?”
By now there should not be a business owner or manager that does not understand the importance of “fit”. Especially as the rewards to business include:
- Increased employee engagement
- Increased employee productivity
- Reduced employee stress/anxiety levels
- Increased revenue & profitability
- Increased customer service levels
But individuals also need to understand the personal benefits that they will gain from accepting roles that they have “fit” to. These include:
- Greater enjoyment of their role, work no longer seems to be boring, they love going to work
- Realise their potential and achieve the highest successes possible
- Incidence of workplace stress is dramatically reduced
- Greater sense of belonging, feel part of the bigger team
- More confident in their job security
Reviewing the above benefits of “fit”, it is clear that when employers take the time to ensure that their existing and future employees have fit to their respective roles, everyone benefits. That is why we use, and we strongly recommend to all of our clients that they should also use, the ProfileXT, Profiles Sales Assessment and Customer Service Profile JobFit assessments. With a proven ability to increase the success rate of selecting future high performers by up to 300% and reduce employee turnover and early failure rate by an average of greater than 40%, maybe you should also be using these amazing people capital assessments.